cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST INSTALLATION ACTIVITIES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

1. What exactly happening in Implementation Period(Basis Part)

2. What are all the Post Installation Activities we have to do, as a Basis Consultant.

3. What are the things we have to concentrate before Implementation.

Related to Basis part,Plz let me know the things in Detail.

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

1. During the implementation you need to take care of the server sizing, Installation and Post installation activities.

Server sizing will be done according to the requirement of the client. For this you need to calculate the SAPS. Later with the help of these SAPS we need to calculate the Hardware required. Before installation of SAP you should take care of swap space, java files too.Most importantly we should also decide the landscape.

2. The post installation activities vary with respect to the usage type. The basic activities include setting up TMS, importing profiles, creating client, user creation and Authorization setup, updating patches.Tuning for performance should be done frequently and should have a close watch on it.

3. Before implementation we should take care of the sizing for the hardware configuration and landscape of the systems.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As you have said, we need to Take care of Buffer & Swap Sizing. how to do that. For Instance: i have 10 GB of RAM decided 2 go for 2system Landscap with with ECC 6.0.

in this case i have decided to have 15 Dialog, 2 BGD, 2 UPD, ENG,2 SPL,...

For Each Work Process i have to allocate some space isn't it?

where should i go & specify the space

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to use the quick Sizer tool for sizing. This gives a output. You need to take this to the hardware vendor. he will give you a sizing, based on the other tools (ms office, scheduling tools) you install in the system.

then you need to procure the machine and install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz understand what i have been looking for. if u want i can explain once again......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As far as I know you can not choose the number if work processes depending on the RAM the system it self creates the work processes later if you increase the memory you can change the number of work process number.You can also set operational modes.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI siva,

SAP installation centall instance will take 60% of memory and remaining 40% for database instance. This values are by default takes and as per your memory allocated to centrall instance. W.p will come after installation.So we need to decide how many diologue,back ground,update,spool,enque as per strategy, we can define opration modes.

Normally each w.p will take 75 to 150 MB memory and coming to buffer memory it will come defualt but during system usage as per swappings we need to increase memory using the profile parameter ABAP/BUFFER_SIZE in K.Bs and we can accept the swappings up to 10000 to 20000.

This memory increase decisions allso individually cannot take. Decision which should takes by senior level people and thier approvals.

If this information is use full please reward points.

Thanks.

Raju

Edited by: rama bhupathi raju on Feb 14, 2008 3:50 PM