cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table VisibleRowCount property to change with every page/line navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Background: I have a requirement of having Tree inside a Table(12 columns) with a Expand All button. On click of Expand All button, all the child node of tree should open. Initially the tree inside the table has to be sorted based on 3 columns (nested sorting) and then option to sort individual column has to be provided. This all is done.

Problem:

The table should show 50 parent element at one shoot, but on click of Expand All button visibleRowCount property of table should change to accommodate the child elements also as parent element show still are 50. (Child size can only be determined at runtime).

Example to explain the problem:

For example total number of parent element are 100 and let say first 50 have 1 child each and next 50 have 2 childs. So for first page the visibleRowCount property = 100 (on Expanding) and for next page the visibleRowCount = 150(on Expanding). Also if user click on next line the visibleRowCount property has to be changed accordingly to accommodate the child of the parent which appear due to next link action. Sorting also has to be considered while expanding the childs.

Please provide some input on how to implement this kind of functionality using table navigation provided in table footer?

One option to implement this kind of functionality is by using custom buttons to navigate through table rows, is there someother better way of implementation.

Note: Points will be provided for helpful answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please can someone provide me some input on the above problem?

For the workaround of having custom navigation button to navigate through table, how to get the child count on sorting?

I am able to navigate through table result using custom navigation but on sorting the table by one column, the count of child element again go for a toss.

Please provide some input for the workaround as well?