Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to end a report long running ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our production system a report is running for nearly 4 days i need to close that report(delete session) when im trying to close it by giving end session its not closing and keeps on running i tried to close by using SM04 and SM50 but its closing in both the transactions.

please suggest me close that.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

try AL08, as it might run on an other server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try killing the wp using dpmon from os level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasan,

In SM50, u can find that job in which server it is running in ur cluster environment.from there u can find the background job PID which u want to delete.Then login to the respective server and use " kill " command along with PID from the O/S level(by login as root).once u do that ,u can check again in SM50.

Rgds,

Gadde.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasan,

If the report is running in background then go to SM37 and check the status of the job and cancel.

If its running in dialog get the pid from SM50/SM51(if its runing on diff.app server) login to that server from OS level and kill that PID.

If still the process is restarting and not ending from SM50 - cancel the process without core.

This should definitely end the process.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.