cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the registers update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are configuring the excise. While doing the factory sales what are the registers update?

regards,

jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jyothi

RG1 & RG23A

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi,

Please go to the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/18/8e113999724854e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excise Registers

Use

The excise authorities require you to maintain a number of registers relating to excise duty. They have to be printed out monthly and shown to the authorities in the event of an audit. The R/3 System makes all the entries for these registers automatically, and you can prepare copies of them as and when necessary. Alternatively, you can download the data for processing by non-SAP software.

Features

The SAP System handles the following excise registers:

Register RG 1

Register RG 23A and 23C, Parts I and II

Register RG 23D

Personal Ledger Account (PLA)

This is the bank account from which you transfer any money owing to the excise authorities.

Register RT-12

This is a monthly report that summarizes the CENVAT and PLA information from the other registers.

for more information go to this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/18/8e113999724854e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

reward if helpful

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks Rahul, the link posted by you helped me in solving one of my excise problem.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you are doing excise there are two issues here. Purchasing and sales. IN Purchasing you buy raw materials on which you pay excise duty to your supplier. This is entered into one regsiter on one side, the outgoing is entered on the otherside. Now the e.d on the sales product minus the total e.d credit already paid in purchasing is called the nett excise duty which needs to be paid the excise department every month by the 5th of the month.

So the credit of duty on purchases also called CENVAT is offset against e.d on sales.

The registers which are normally maintained are called RG registers RG1, RG23A, RG23C and RG23D

One is for daily stock account, the other is for e.d on capital goods, next on raw materials and the last one for Depot sales.

These registers maintain the stock movements at the respective places and needs to be updated on a regular basis. Also the number range for these documents is giverned by CBEC law and hence needs to start from 1 every year so you need to reset it.

Hope this information helps you. If you want more info on this go to www. cbec.gov.in and donload the excise manual.

regards

Jude