cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC 7.0 does not recognize Metadata for custom RFC

0 Kudos

In SAP R/3 I have created a RFC that has no IMPORT or EXPORT parameters, only TABLES defined as "DATA_OUT". The RFC code finds and generates the values to fill "DATA_OUT".

Tested the RFC in our R/3 System, works fine. Then went to Visual Composer. Data Services does list the new RFC. I click and drag into my iView. The data service appears in my iView. For a split second I see what may be the "retrieving Metadata" popup, but it disappears too quickly, cannot tell what it was. At no time does a "Define Data Service" popup appear that would allow me to select Input or Output choices.

Now the Data Service icon appears in the iView but lists an Input port. It does not show an Output port at all. I expected only an Output port.

SAP Portal Admin can go into System Administration, Portal System Landscape and create an iView using the same SAP RFC. It recognizes the Output metadata. He can run a test of the data service and this RFC provides correct output as expected.

I do not understand why VC is behaving differently than the Portal. Any ideas ?

Regards

MPersson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for refreshing the metadata of an RFC you can follow the instruction of my weblogs:

[Visual Composer and ABAP RFC/BAPI a powerful combination part I|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5221] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Visual Composer and ABAP RFC/BAPI a powerful combination part II|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5704] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

or you can rename your RFC or copy it with another technical name.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

MPersson,

May be worth to check one thing: you might have this RFC in a previous version without Output. For some how VC composer did not get your last version.

Regards,

Gilson