cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity period for services in ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Extended classic scenario with EBO 4.0 and wanted to have service order created.

When I log into ITS server

Shop -> Describe Requirement ->

I have Description, Internal Note, Quantity, Price, Category and Required on.

However I want "From date" and "To date" instead of just Required on date

Is there any configuration setting that needs to be enabled to have validity period for services.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you choose the services radio button as product type under describe requirement, you can choose the value for the Required field from the drop down.

There are three options available like Required on, Required between and Required from

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your reply.

When I go into describe requirement, I dont have any 'Product type' - radio button that would let me choose Goods or Services.

I get that radio button to choose when i add the service to SC and go into details. However when I choose services at that point, it has no effect at all. (i.e.) I have had already choosen "required on" in the previous screen. now there is no option to choose "required between" buton.

Your help in this would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange!At my place,I can see the foll fields when i goto DESCRIBE REQUIREMENT "link:

Describe Requirement

You can describe your requirement if you are unable to find it in the catalog.

Product Type Goods Services

Description

Internal Note

Quantity

Price

Category

Required BetweenOnFrom -

Pls check whether any BADI(like BBP_SC_UI_CTRL/BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI ) has been implemented to modify this screen in you system.

See these related notes:

Note 976533 - Changing the "Required on"/"Start Date" in shopping cart

Note 1064560 - Disabling Service Button causes change in Label/header.

Note 948473 - Change field labels on 'Describe Requirement' screen

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the posting Disha.

(1) BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI (Change Display in Shopping Cart) has been

customized and activated here.

Here I don't have option to (a) choose the product type has Goods or service in "describe Requirement". (b) Also I am not able to enter "Required between" dates.

I guess both of these have to do with the BADI which I needs some technical knowledge.

DO YOU KNOW HOW CAN I CHECK THESE IN SE19 or SE18

(2) The other BADI BBP_SC_UI_CTRL has not been activated.

(3) Oss notes 976533 pertains to the default required on date which appears in SC. This would not apply to the issue we are facing here.

OSS notes 948473 pertains to the naming of the fields are different in each screen. This agin is not the issue we are facing here

OSS notes 1064560 pertains to issue when BADI BBP_SC_UI_CTRL has been activated. Since it has not been activated here, it wouldn't apply here.

I really appreciate your help on these.

Thanks and Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh

It seems the GOODS and SERVICES radio buttons are removed using the BADI.

Try to deactivate the BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI in the Dev box and see the effect.

Check with your ABAP developer to change the code in the BADI to activate the radio buttons.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish

The goods and Service radio button does not apprear on the "Describe Requirement" screen, however after the items have been transfered to SC and when go to item details, the radio button is visible.

However when I select Services, it reverts back to Goods. Do you think even this can be controlled by the BADI .

Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha / Jagdish /Others,

I activated the "Product" in BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI (note the BADI mentions it has product and not product type).

However I dont find the Product type radio button visible in "Describe Requirement" screen after this.

Disha:

And morever the BADI "BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI " can be used to activate "Describe Requirement" using field "is_scr_itmchoice-special_request" if in the first hand "Describe Requirement" is not visible.

HOWEVER I have "Describe requirement" ALREADY available and just that the Radio button of "Product type" is not visible in the screen.

I would highly appreciate if any one can provide help on this.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Yes you are right.The BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI is used to hide the links like INTERNAL GOODS/SERVICES,DESCRIBE REQUIREMENT etc.

As i told you earlier,there may be possibilty of other screen elements changing because of the implementation these UI related badi's so jst told you some of the pointers you may have to look upon.

Sorry but I cant help you further on this as I have not come across this problem earlier anytime...However there seems to be a bug in your system reg the screen elements like the PRODUCT TYPE radio button not visible.Please raise an OSS message with SAP asap to get further insight on this and do update the thread if the problem is solved.

BR,

Disha.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to deactivate badis on SC object to check that the standard is working or not.

If not, As Disha said, raise an OSS ticket.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Disha.. I will raise OSS and update the thread on the resoltuion..

Meanwhile is adding the fields of "Product type of Services" and "Required between field" in "Describe Requirement" a feasible option. If yes, how do we go about this ?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

I tried to deactivate the BADI. But there is no change .. The Product type still doesn't show up..

Thanks for your input

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was some program change done which prevents the service procurement, which had to be reversed to allow service procurement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which program was that?

Please share with the community members about the resolution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further inputs on this thread would be appreciated.