cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest Level of Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have one planning area which containts 33 Characteristics.Can any one please let me know how to find the lowest level of details out of the above 33 characteristics combinations ?

For example out of these 33 characteristics, there could be some 7 characteristics which are at the most detailed or lowest level and my problem is how to find these 7 characteristics combinations ?

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can dump the CVCs in excel or MS Acess. Then you can try to find unique values for each Char using standard functions. The seven longest char value list would be those detail level characteristic you are talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for the solution. Need one more clarification. In my last mail, i have just mentioned as an example of 7. Lets say i do not know how many characteristics out of the 33 form my most detailed level. Is there any way to find the number of characteristics out of 33 which make the detailed level and then apply the logic u have mentioned. I have tried to find but iam not sure of the result. As you said i have dumped all the possible CVC from planning area using remote infocube in excel. I applied advanced filter of unique records for all of the above CVC excluding time and KF columns. i got 1750 unique records. Then i tried generating same 1750 unique records using different combination of characteristics.I was able to get these 1750 records using as few as 10 char combinations values and also using 13 char combinations values. Then in this case does my 10 char combinations values are the most detailed level or 13 CVC ? Also this most detailed level char combinations remains constant through out the entire forecast horizon.??

I really appreciate your last prompt reply of my question. Thats what makes you the highest contributor in the last month.

Thanks,

Pawan.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most detailed level characteristic will have a m:1 relationship with a higher level characteristic. So the 10 characteristics that you have determined that among them forms the exhaustive list of CVCs, can be interrogated further. You can try to group them on 9 possible characteristics (using the grouping functionality in /sapapo/MC62 transaction or similar feature in MS Access or Excel). If the number of CVCs by grouping them on 9 characteritic is same as the total number of CVCs, you would have eliminated one characteritic that you initially thought consitutes the detailed level. Like this you can keeping grouping till a point where the number of grouped CVCs become lesser than the initial total number of CVCs. Then you would have come up with the detailed level char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas,

It has answered my query. Here are your points.

Regards,

Pawan.

Answers (0)