cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running MaxDB is not seen by apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just got Java Application Server installed (with MaxDB). According to the Management Console the server is running ok. The MaxDB can be started with the Database Manager or by the Console when all other AS processes are starting up. The problem is that when i click the icon of the database in the tree of the management console, instead of the control panel that should show up, an internet explorer 404 page appears. The Management Console that is integrated in the NetWeaver Developement Studio also doesn't see the database as running. Because of that, "build and deploy" does absolutely nothing.

How can i verify that MaxDB is indeed running OK? Should i have changed any options for the database after its installation?

Thanks for your time,

Vesko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vesko,

Which is the OS in which you have installed the java AS.

Only when the MaxDB database is running Java will come up and in MMC it will show the j2ee cluster node as active with a jcontrol and two jlaunches.

If the MaxDB database is also in the same windows box then you can see the j2ee database as a service in windows.You can start and stop the service so that database will start and stop.

Also if you install a DB manager gui you can verify the status of the database.

Apart from this you can verify the status of the database from command prompt using dbmcli commands.

dbmcli -d <dbSID> -u <username,password>

dbmcli on <SID> : db_state

The above command also shows the status of your database.

dbmcli command works even in unix box.

Hope this clarifies your problems.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i know that the DB is running. I also found out that "Build and Deploy" is not the way to do it in the new Netweaver Dev Studio version. Everything is running ok.

The problem is that after everything is running ok (including the DB), the MMC can't connect to the control panel that should appear when you click the database node. The same is with the Netweaver Console.

Also another thing: I am importing some Java dictionary project which includes some tables. Another project that uses these tables is working OK, so the tables are created in the DB and used. But in SQL Studio i can't see where the tables are created. (I want to view their content.) Any tipps on this?

Edited by: Veselin Somlev on Feb 21, 2008 2:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vesko,

<quote>

Also another thing: I am importing some Java dictionary project which includes some tables. Another project that uses these tables is working OK, so the tables are created in the DB and used. But in SQL Studio i can't see where the tables are created. (I want to view their content.) Any tipps on this?

</quote>

You should ensure that you are connecting to the DB (with the SQL Studio) using the same username (i.e. you are accessing the same database schema) as the one that you are using for the creation (deployment) of these tables.

Usually, you should use the SAP<SID>DB schema/username, for example SAPCE1DB or SAPC42DB.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Yordan