cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biiling (Proforma invoice)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

we have an issue, that is when we run VF04 we always see these 2 delivery documents due for billing even though the billing documents for these deliveirs were created many times.

It is the proforma invoice F8. That is the billing document for these deliveries. They are just the sample orders.

Even inspite of creating the proforma invoice these delivery documents show up when VF04 is run.

when I checked up in the delivery documents, in the billing status it shows not invoiced.

Is it the update program that is not updating the billing status properly in the delivery document when the proforma invoice is created for it.

I did check the other delivery document of sample order which had the proforma invoice ( same scenario as these two delivery documents). I tried to compare this with the two delivery documents that are showing up again and again in VF04.

I see that in the billing status of this delivery document it shows not relevant for billing.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

When you create Proforma Invoice for a delivery the document status will not be updated and you can create as many proforma invoices as you can for the same delivery, nothing will be updated in the accounting when you create proforma invoice against a delivery. These proforma invoices are created for foreign-trade transactions, one more thing you dont need to do PGI for a delivery but still can create proforma invoice.......

for your specific problem if you dont want those deliveries to come up in billing due list just create invoices of type F2 and see that status will be updated once you create the invoices (make sure PGI is done) for both of these deliveries. And next time the deliveries do not appear on the due list.

Hope this clears your doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey kiran,

Thanks for the reply dude,

but they are free sample orders and billing document assigned in sales document type order header is F8 (Proforma Invoice). They are billed to the customer. So I cannot create a normal F2 invoice for this delivery.

I donno why only in these two delivery documents the billing status is shown as ' not invoiced'.

But its not the case of the other delivery document (with the same scenario) that I mentioned earlier. It had the billing status 'not relevant for billing'. Once the proforma invoice is created it did not show up when the billing due list is run using VF04.

Thanks,

Siva

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conceptually and real life scenario - Proforma invoice is used to declare cost of goods to custom department to estimate duties/levies or to collect advance payment from the buyer.

Proforma invoice is exactly the same as to Invoice.The difference is Proforma invoice is need not to be paid and system does not transfer data to FI(Financial accounting).No statistical data is created on the basis of Proforma invoice.

F8 is delivery related proforma invoice and you can create proforma invoice for same delivery you as many as you like.Good issue is not require to create Profoma invoice.

In case of sample orders -(delivery free of charge- order type FD)-invoice is not generated.In VOV8 -billing is not proposed.Hence system does not generate invoice.In Sample order/delivery account receivable does not increase but cost of sample order is added to sales promotion account or client suggested accounts.

Thanks,

Vrajesh