cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to extract *.sca files

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

is there is any way to extract *.sca files, or you have to use JSPM or SDM tool to deploy these patches......Please let me know...thanks Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Deployment, no need to extract as suggested by other members.. just incase you ever want to though, you can also use Winrar utility on Windows.. :-)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya , I forgot to mention one thing , before starting the deployment process just copy the patches to the trans/eps/in folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to compress or extract the files i.e., to create or extract SCA or SDA archives use the command jar -xvf filename (in HP-UX).If you are not able to do then try to run this command from the folder /usr/sbin.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said by other members, u don't have to extract the *.sca files .Only things u need to take care i.e, if you are applying any support packages for java components then u can apply it through jspm and if u are enhancing any components say ess1.1 to ess1.2 then u can deploy it through sdm directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subramaniam ,

No need to extract the SCA files.

Just copy them into <Transport Directory>/EPS/in/ directory.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to extract these files.If you extract *.jar , *.sar , *.ear files you will get SCA files.Now SDM or JSPM will apply those patches.

Thanks

Kalyan

Reward points if helpful