cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import server does not pick up the file from the ready folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying a scenario to extract the reference data(Lookup table data) from R3 System to MDM System.

For this I am using the transaction "MDMGX" and I am able to successfully extract the reference data.

But the issue I am facing is that the import server does not pick up the file from the ready folder for the ports which I have defined if the user Admin of my repository has a password.

Is there a way by which the import server will pick up the file even if the Admin user has a password?

Thanks,

Kaushik Koli.

Note: Points will be rewarded if answer is helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

you've got to set user and password in mdis.ini.

1. Open the mdss.ini (you can use a simple editor like notepad or wordpad for this)

2. Locate your repository

3. Define a the admin user, syntax is: User=Admin

4. Define the password for the user, syntax is: Password=<Your Password>

You can add the password in plain text. Make sure that the password is exactly the same as defined in console. When you start MDIS, it will automatically encrypt the password (you can check this by opening mdis.ini again, there should be an entry like PasswordE=<some encrypted password> visible). If you change your password, simply delete the PasswordE entry and enter the new password as described above.

BR Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

For picking up the file file ready folder you need to do the following steps:

1) Creation of users and assinging password to the users.

2) Creation of maps in import manager for importing the data.

3) Creation of ports. In this you have to mention map name which you have made for importing the data, format of the file present in ready folder and your processing type as automatic.

4) Mention user name and password in the MDIS.ini file. Also mention the time interval.Save this file.

Now you can find that import server is picking up the data from ready folder.

If you are still facing some problems please go through this URL: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/19/d4301589b54841af17e7c42b4cee49/content.htm]

Hope I am able to solve your problem

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the issue I am facing is that the import server does not pick up the file from the ready folder for the ports which I have defined if the user Admin of my repository has a password.

Is there a way by which the import server will pick up the file even if the Admin user has a password?

in mds.ini file, for the particular repository, you have to maintain UserID and Password. try this.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas