cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Related queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am a Basis Consultant and new to MDM. I have following doubts. Many may find it very basic, but being new to MDM I want explanation on these.( If I am conecpt wisr wrong please correct me):

1. As per my knowledge MDM Stores Master data in form of repositories coming from various systems ( SRM,ERP etc.). I want to know whenever data is modified ( New product added, new Employee id added etc) , whether this modification takes place in MDM Server or ERP,SRM Server?

2. In either cases what is the frequency of data refresh ? ( Incase its modified in SRM then what is frequency it gets updated in MDM Server or vice versa)?

Thanks in advance.

Points will be immediately awarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

1. It depends on scenario used. In consolidation scenario, for instance, modifications take place in local systems, in centralized management all global properties are modified centrally in mdm and propagated to systems.

2. Data change frequency depends on such factors as business entity type (e.g.Customers, Materials etc), company size, industry and other business driven factors. If data is once changed in system A, there wiil be as many modifications in other systems as many integration interfaces exist between system A and other systems. For instance, if you have centralized management scenario and change record once in MDM and you configured automatic export of data to SRM system it will replicated to you SRM system and changed there once.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapbasis,

1. As per my knowledge MDM Stores Master data in form of repositories coming from various systems ( SRM,ERP etc.). I want to know whenever data is modified ( New product added, new Employee id added etc) , whether this modification takes place in MDM Server or ERP,SRM Server?

Ans: First of all MDM can store data from different systems as well as its own. If you add new product on ERP, SRM, or CRM side, It will be stored at both the places. On local system like ERP ... and on MDM system after you will export it from that system using integration tool, reports, MDM generic extractor, etc..

You can also send that data back to R3 system after modification, cleansing or merging duplicates in mdm.

2. In either cases what is the frequency of data refresh ? ( Incase its modified in SRM then what is frequency it gets updated in MDM Server or vice versa)?

Ans: Depends upon export mechanism on ERP, SRM side and Import server delay time settings.

Means if you are exporting data using Idoc, you have to trigger that then data will go to Ready folder of MDM repository, therefrom MDM Import server will pick according to delay settings for import server in mdis.ini file in automate process. or 2nd option is you will manually load the data using import manager and it will take affect in MDM repository.

Rewrds if found helpful.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know the MDM deals with only the Master data.there are two kind of data like transactional data as well as Master data.so the MDM handles only master data.

Actually what we do,we just integrate the system like SRM,ERP etc with the MDM System.for the same we need some configurations and settings.

then we replicate the data from the other erp system or legacy sytem and store it in the MDM in terms of repository.In mdm, we normaliza, consolidate and harmonize the data and send it back to the other system via MDM syndicator.

if the data is modified in the SRM,ERP System it will not updated automatically in the MDM, we need to replicate the data periodically from other system to MDM as per requirement.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Any further query plz revert back to me.

TNR,

Saurabh...