cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing value from one query to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I have a scenario in which I have to pass a list from the output of a query as an input to another query. Can anybody please guide me on how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tahir,

I would like to understand better what you mean by 'passing value from one query to another'. Basicly there are two different way to do something like you are asking.

1. In one table you have fields that will be sent to you query as variable. You query has three variables for example, 0CALMONTH, 0MATERIAL, 0PLANT. In you table you 'imported' these fields as result of other query, input them manually in your table or even bring them from a BAPI. So you can have your fields as variable of a query.No big deal in this case. I can tell how to do it.

2.You have one query which brings in one table the fields 0CALMONTH, 0MATERIAL and 0PLANT, or you do an manual input. You want them to be 'transfered' to a second query not as variable but as value. In this case you have to use a BAPI that will send data to each 0CALMONTH, 0MATERIAL, 0PLANT. You need some ABAP development in this case.

Let me know.

Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gilson,

yes...I am talking about the second case. Can you guide me how to use BAPIs for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tahir,

Have you got your BAPI ready? Ok. In this case do the folowing steps:

1. Create a table from your query. Must be 'Multiple' selection;

2. Create a tool bar button in your table to sumit the values;

3. 'Find Data' and place your BAPI in your storyboard;

4. Drag a line from output of your query to input of your BAPI;

5. Than you can call the query afected by your BAPI.

Kind Regards,

Gilson