cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR esworkplace connection confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have some problems understanding the mission of ESR.

I have CE7.1 SP4 (developer edition) and ESR 04 installed on my computer(I dont have any other Netweaver solutions installed). I can use the ESR to design my own services, then export them to the Developer studio and implement them.

But is this the only purpose of the ESR in CE?

I read all the time about the connection between ESR and esworkspace. I can browse services there, I could use the wsdl files, but why should I use them? Why should one use the SAP backend systems? Is that only for test purposes?

I thought that SAP provides some contents (such as ERP) and one can the implement own services on the basis of these. But I dont know where I could get that content? Or whether I have understood everything wrongly?

Can someone provide some documetation, tutorial or self knowedge on these questions?

Many thanks in advance. Al clues are appreciated!

Best regards,

Vera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bv_pillai
Participant
0 Kudos

Vera,

SAP develops the Enterprise Services using the ESR (using the Enterprise Service Builder) and Package them in the enhancement packages for ECC and for the rest of the business suite thru ES Bundles. You can download those from SAP Market place center. The Service definitions and metadata for the service models will be stored in ESR and the business implementation for the same will be implemented from the backend system using proxies and BAdI implementations.

Here is the SAP Help Documentation to know more about the enhancement packages and ES Bundles.

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/esoa/index.htm

SAP Help Documentation for ESR for CE

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/b2/567052388947fdb199847675b1e253/content.htm

Regards,

Velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer. The links are helpful, especially the first one!

Best regards,

Vera

Answers (0)