cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP-PS training

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having 8+ Years of experience in GIS field. Presently I am working as a Asst.Project manager. I wanted to do SAP-PS module from Seimens. So can anyone guide me whether my domain will be helpful for this or not.

Thanks

Sasikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen quite a lot of similar posts on this subject, hope my views (not necessary to be accpeted) will be helpful for others who are in process of deciding to switch over to SAP.

To be honest I would say think twice before you take this step of taking up the certification/switch in any module of SAP.

1) Would you want to forgo the experience/recognition you've gained all these years in your core field? Agreed that your experience and present profile counts/helpful but would you be ready/comfortable with it?

2) Are you ready to compete with people who have less domain experience compared to you but were lucky to be in SAP field quite early?

3) Taking/Clearing the certification exam after undergoing the course for some one new to the ERP packages is REALLY stressfull. Put in the situation where you might take some time (25-30 days) off from present job (which you haven't quit yet), certification fees (INR 300000 or more!), personal constraints......

4) There's no gaurantee that you will be placed immediately.

5) Getting into SAP is not just sufficient, you need be really stirve hard and be updated with the all new dimension products. There always something new every 6-12 months in your own module.

6) If you get placed, people would always prefer to work on an implementation projects rather than support ones and the company you join may not have good projects this could result in frustation.

7) As a consultant people you are expected to give the best solution and to get there you need to work hard. If you want to live upto the expectation 8-10 years of industry experience alone doesn't help in solution delivery, hands on experience in SAP is required and to get that it costs your time.

It's not that I want to scare you all away from SAP, I've gone through some of the above and fortunately my experience has been good.

To hear more positive side of it (was mine negative?) I would suggest you to talk to authorised institute guys like Seimens/Genovate (in India), they do give some good advice (sometimes!)

Regards

Sreenivas

Above are my personal views! Hopefully this should be last post on this subject. This forum is not meant for such queries.