cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Change of User Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

According to our company new changes it has changes employee ids. In SAP System we maintain emp id as user name of the SAP login,

To go with new changes we have to change SAP user names, (i.e have to add additional 50 to user name, e.g 00250 become 50250) we have to do this for large number of user ID, about 500.

If there any simple way to do this, other than recreating IDs. With 'su10' we can't change the user ID,

Please help us in this matter, otherwise if new users created have to add roles, change PW and lot of works,

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

You can just rename the user id in the transactin SU01

go to users-->rename.

This might solve your problem you need not maintain roles again just renaming if the users would do.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesha,

The best way would be through CATT/E-CATT.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we do it ? in that case if record can you add roles as well,if users have diffrent roles ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesha,

The important thing how you do this. Now if you follow the suggestion made by Pinkle then all you need to do is to copy users. I mean if the current user is 250 then you need to copy it a new user 50250. So do the recording for copying the user. I would suggest that you copy the entire data including address. Do the recording for copying one user it and then roll it out for multiple users. This will take care of role assignments as well.You can infact also give the password in the recording and single intial password would get created for every user. Later on when they login they can change it themselves.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks much for the help,can you please send me the step by step procedure o this,its great help

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

The exact steps would be very long and typing would take too long.So I would rather suggest you to visit this link:

http://www.sap-img.com/bc021.htm

This is basically for user creation from scratch. You need to use the basic principles mentioned here and then make a recording for copying the users. Give it a try. If you get struck I will try to help you out.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much,i'll try and if want will contact you,again thanks for help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I tried several times to do the user copy simulation with SCATT, anyway i clould not able to complte the task. i got good documention with the details of how to use ECATT.

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/secatt_user_create2.html

I did the task bt Rename the user ID, but I'm interested on doing it with ECATT, So if possible please add stsps to follow it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing basically the same situation. We need to change all the user names for example from aaa to bbb.

Now I'm asking can you find any problem with my method.

I was thinking of creating a recording from SU01, where I would use the "rename" function. (at the start screen, user -> rename). Now when you rename a user, the system will ask you "From" and To via popup window. Now if you enter for example From "aaa" To "bbb", then the system says that the password is no longer valid. Then the system takes you to the page in the SU01 transaction, where you can set the initial passwords. Then I set the initial passwords and save the user -> The username has been changed with the new initial passwords.

Now my only concern is, that will the recording apply to the process I described above. The user Id change process will go just fine via manual steps, but can I make a recording out of it?

Then I would use LSMW with my recording and change all the user Ids.

What do you think about this solution?

Regards

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think Toni's method should work perfectly fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Not sure if there is any out-of-the-box method.

But I think you will have to copy the existing user to new user (this will copy everything except password) and change the password.

-Pinkle