cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Task type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any1 tell me how different is task type RFC ( in ST03N) than the task type dialog.

Which activity is recorded in RFC task type. For eg. if DIA makes an rfc call, is it recored in RFC task type too along with DIA?

Why response time of RFC task type doesn't include roll wait time when DIA task type includes it.

Regards,

Hussain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC step is the log of the actual RFC.

Think of an RFC as a client->server call. Each have of the communication writes statistics records. The client writes a dialog step record. The server writes an RFC step records.

The dialog step is recorded on the instance where the client executed. The RFC step is recorded on the instance where the server executed.

You can see this more easily in STAD. The dialog step will have 'rfc client' sub-records that record the 'callers' statistics. The RFC step will have 'rfc server' sub--records that record the 'callees' statistics.

The blogs explain this in more detail:

[Statistical Records Part 1 - Inside STAD|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5511] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Statistical Records Part 2 - RFC Statistics|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5862] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

--

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for well explained answer.

My doubt about the RFC Task type is clear now. I'll award the points.

However if you have the answer handy regarding 'Why roll wait time is not calculated in RFC response time' , it would be gr8.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roll-Wait time will be part of the response time of the dialog step (the caller) because the caller had to wait for the RFC to execute.

Roll Wait will not be part of the response time of the RFC server step (the called) because it did not wait; it just did the function call.

The Roll Wait time of the caller should be about the same as the Response Time of the callee.

For a discussion of components of response time see SAP Note 1063061 - Information about response time in STAD/ST03.

--

Tim

Edited by: Tim Wise on Feb 8, 2008 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

That was quick response. Thanks for answering my queries.

Points awarded.

Regards,

Hussain.

Answers (0)