Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to make client copy from one system to another one. both the systems are in different landscape and are ECC 6.0 ISU systems.

The source system has MSSQL database and target system has ORACLE database. Is it possible to make copy?

Can you tell me what are the prerequisites that should be fulfilled before making clientcopy? Patch level and kernel level are same.

Regards,

Hiral Soni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can do client export by adding a virtual system in the landscape with same sid as the target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out for the z tables created by ur developers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

since u said that these two are in different landscapes, there may be difference in tables or structures between source and target, so even a client copy is possible in ur scenario it might ultimately fail, so first make sure of that point.

then again, u can try doing it creating an trusted rfc connection between both , if there is connectivity between both systems. else do a client export and import by adding an virtual system in source landscape , with same sid as the target system and do a client export and import it to the target system after copying the data and co-files generated.

but then again i have never tried doing with help of a virtual system.

so try it please let me what happened to it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hiral,

Important thing to make sure is that the support package level in both systems should be same. This is to ensure that table structure is same. If not then table entires woun't get copied properly. Different database should not cause a concern.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I have to do the client copy in PRD server from quality server,

please let me know what prerequisites i need to take,

I have matched the SP level in both the servers,

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shark,

Basically you need to do basic checks:

1. For starters the target system must have enough diskspace.

2. In case of Remote client copy there must be a working RFC connection between the two clients.

3. Obviously SP level should be checked as also you must look for differences in table structures of standard SAP tables.

4. You should have a backup of target system ready.

5. Need to think on how to organize user master. Of course this depends on client copy profile as well.

However generally client export/import is prefered over remote client copy in case of huge data and even better approach is the one of System Copy.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for you reply,

please clarify my doubt , i am using the profile SAP_CUST for remote client copy,

we have around 500 workbench request, will all these requests go to the prd server using sap_cust profile or do i need to move them manually.

Regards,

SM