Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Creation after GR

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PP/QM Masters,

I have question regarding inspection lot creation after goods receipt.

There will be GR once at the end of the shift with batch number. As batch generated during shift will be different, there will be multiple GR entry. But for every material only one result recording per shift is required and not for all batches generated. So, how to avoid creation of so many inspection lot? Automatic Inspection lot creation is required hence no question of manual creation of inspection lot.

I checked function module ‘QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE’ for inspection point functionality but its description “You can use the available function module to generate inspection points for the inspection during production already when the inspection lot is created.” Can I use function module ‘QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE’ for restricting creation of inspection lot after GR?

Request all Masters to help me in solving this.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to use customizing to test and/or fix that problem. Make the suggested changes for the inspection type 04 directly in the material master.

If you set those changes in config as the default settings, all new materials will receive those setting whenever adding the 04 inspection type and this might not be appropriate for all your materials.

If your only doing one GR per shift with one batch number you should only get one inspection lot per shift if you make the setting the previous poster suggested.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In your case you need to do the following change in SPRO

Quality Management>Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot Creation-->Define Default Values for Inspection Type

for your insp type i think it may be 04 inspection type insopection lot creation sub screen

Field = control inspection type = 1- create inspcction lot for a matreial document-material batch storage location combination...this will solve yr problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you are talking about GR inspection for production order.

Function module you are refering is for inspestion type 03 it appears but not for 04.

If you are making mulltiple GR's & inspection lot should be created for only one GR, I do not see any option.

If you are generating multiple batches & making one GR per shift , there is an option in customizing under the step

" defaults for inspection type".

In that screen there is field "Control insLot".

there some options available.

You ca try one of the options.

Regards

YMREDDY

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

First of all thanks a lot for your response.

I checked ‘Control Inspection Lot’ setting but even that can not solve my problem as in our case though GR with confirmation will be once in a shift (though in system shift is not defined) but batches will be different and hence material document will be separate. And requirement is to have single inspection lot per shift even if batches and material documents are separate.

One option is to have multiple line items for GR in MB31 or MIGO or in COR6N. But all this transaction allows only one line item for GR against process order. So, can you suggest any function module or option to have multiple line items for GR.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You better to go for different order for each batch

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot have one inspection of multiple batches with an 04. It wouldn't make any sense as the definition of a batch is that it has different characteristic values.

Craig