cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Not Found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a Page using Visual Composer 7.1. Deployed it successfully, but when I try clicking on the link displayed in the Deploy Task panel, it is throwing PAGE_NOT_FOUND error.

What could be the reason?

Where can I find the error log for VC 7.1?

How can I view it?

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh Giri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swapnapriya_neemkar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently working on VC 7.1. In the Portal, am able to see the deployed VC Models as webdynpro applications.

However, am unable to view the Portal content modeled and deployed from VC in the portal login.

Please let me know how to view the Portal Content deployed in Portal and where?

I am also unable to locate the VC Dev preview role in User Administration --> Identity Management so that I can choose and assign it to my User ID.

Kindly specify whats needs to be done so as to make this role assignable ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Swapna Priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna priya,

Can you try to do the following / check, to see if that works?

1. Create a role in your DC from VC.

2. Assign the runtime as Portal , and also check default entry to folder

3. Drag your page in this role and make sure to assign runtime also as Portal and also check the default entry to folder

4. Now drag you WD application into the page and make sure that runtime is selected as web Dynpro.

5. Go to the role and click on deploy.

6. After deployment, you should see something like

view source code

Web Dynpro

HTML

<application_name>

Flex

<application_name>

Portal

<page>

<role>

and now if you click on role or page or HTML WD application, you should see the application (with page and role - depending from where clicked)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna Priya,

You are right, one cannot assign the VC Dev Preview role to the user but you can assign user to the role. I was not able to find the role for the User but well for the group.

Can someone form SAP help here in explaining?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Edited by: Dharmi Tanna on Apr 14, 2008 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the [help portal|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/f8/ebfe4ed55544e9bb1bf9dc8b3925f0/frameset.htm] for instructions about the log files.

What is the type of the component you are trying to deploy (composite view, Portal Page, etc.)?

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thanks for the help on the log files.

I was trying to deploy a Portal Page. It got deployed successfully but when I try to preview the Portal Page it is throwing the PAAGE_NOT_FOUND exception.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In order to clarify the problem, I would appreciate it if you could check the following:

1. Is the VC Preview role Assigned to your user? (role ID is:

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/com.sap.portal.modeling.generation.modeled_content/com.sap.portal.modeling.generation.vc_dev_preview )

If not, please assign it and try again.

2. Does the page you created appear in the Portal?

Regards,

Talya