Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap installation screen shots on UNIX platform

former_member1283182
Participant
0 Kudos

hi friends,

can any one send or guide me in getting me the SAP INSTALLATION screen shots on UNIX platform..

pls mail to cjpsatish@gmail.com

regards,

satish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

floK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

See: https://service.sap.com/instguides

For Installation Guides

Best regards,

Florian Keller

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Unix" is a generic term for operating systems based on the initial AT & T operating system. There are many flavors of it - on some of them you can install a SAP system, on others not.

There is (for SAP)

AIX

HP-UX (on PA-RISC and IA64)

Solaris (on SPARC and x86_64)

Linux (on x86, x86_64, IA64, Power)

Each one of those has its specialties and special configuration. So without knowing to what "Unix" you are referring, your question can't be answered that easily.

On top of that, using screenshots to install software is a pretty bad idea. I may work for the one who did those but it may not for you if you have a different hardware configuration, more or less memory, different filesystem layout etc. In that case, you will cry for help the first time you see an error message - and since you don't know what the system was trying to do, you can't find a solution for it.

Therefore it's MUCH better to use the (very good) installation guides, they will tell you what you need to do, they will explain everything much more in detail than a "screenshot document" could tell you.

Use the given link to get your guide and try - and if you have problems, ask your questions in the appropriate forum - I'm sure there are people willing to help (including me).

Markus