cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

When i am indicating Transfer button shipment cost document i am getting an error in log as

No purchase order item was generated for shipment cost item 0000001020 00000 and also

Combination item category D/account assignment category U not defined

Could any body help me to move further and settle the account with fwd agent and also futher steps for completion of shipment costs?

Many thanks for your help.

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had another question related to shipment cost transfrer to accounting.

We have a peculiar issue where the user is complaining that they are not able to transfer to GL. It shows the PO xxxxx is created at the bottom of the screen and then comes with a log where it says the PO xxxxx is not found. I beleive it is not able to save the PO or the error is occuring when trying to save the PO.

Any one has any clues on how to resolve this errror.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any body tell me which G/L Accounts does this Shipment cost will effect and how can i do the customize for this?

This will help in solving my problem.

Many thanks for your support .

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

Could you kindly verify the accounts assigned for the 'Freight clearing' using transaction code OBYC.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

The assignment is better done using the transaction OMWB for combination of company code and valuation area, for the transaction key FR1.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Orders --> Define document type -->

Define Document Types

The SAP System manages purchase orders (POs) as documents. You can group POs together to form any number of document types.

In this step, you can do the following:

• Create new document types

• Define item interval

• Define allowed follow-on document types

• Assign document types to a number range group

• Define a number range interval

• Choose type of number assignment:

o Internal

o External

• Choose update group

The update group determines how the data from the document header is updated in the statistics file.

Standard settings

The following document types/number ranges are predefined in the standard SAP R/3 System.

• Document type: NB for standard purchase orders

Number ranges:

o internal from 4500000000 to 4599999999

o external from 4100000000 to 4199999999

• Document type: TB for transport orders

Number ranges:

o internal from 4500000000 to 4599999999

o external from 4100000000 to 4199999999

Recommendation

SAP recommends that you accept the settings defined in the standard system. In this case, no action is required on your part.

Activities

1. Check the predefined document types and number ranges.

2. Change the following to suit your requirements:

o Document types

o Number ranges

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

1.Go to transaction T_56 , there you select your shipment cost itemcategory go in to details of the itemcategory, In the detail screen you will be find field called Generate PO in the battom of the screen, there you enter A or B or C, then try to transfer.

2. But check the accoutdetrmination has been done in the IMG or not ? (Related to shipping cost settlement)

I hope it will help you

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Sridhar,

Could you kindly verify the customisation for purchase orders available at:-

SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Orders --> Define document type -->

For the purchase order type used for the transaction, kindly verify if item category 'D' is allowed.

Else, kindly enable it and reattempt transfer.

Trust the reply is found helpful.

Regards,

K Gopidas.