cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Note to a Commission Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a scenario wherein my company sells a material to Customer XYZ . In the transaction a commission agent is involved . My company pays the agent by issuing a credit note with reference to the invoice . How do I map this scenario . Customer Master Record is available for both the entities dealing with . Kindly provide some insight on this .

Thanks

MKS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating sales order VA01->HEADER LEVEL ->PARTNERS ->PARTNER FUNCTIONS

WILL HAVE THIS FACILITY TO ADD A SALES PERSON IN IT .BEFORE THAT ENSURE HR MASTER DATA IS HAVING VALUES.ONLY FROM THAT UR SALES PERSON NUMBER'S PERNR WILL BE DISPLAYED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ask ur ABAPer to write a program for this.Every delivery will have a sales order .while creating sales order u would have given broker name .With the delivery number he has to pick the sales order by using vbfa table and there he can see pernr field.it will have the number of the sales agent or the broker .

then he can take agent name from table pa0001.

So what is the report u want??

regards,

manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales commissions can be configured frm SD if they are simple in nature. This is done through rebates. If the commission and management is complex in nature then it can be done through ICM ( Incentives and Commissions Management )

You need to create a partner function for Commission agent, a copy of the standard partner function available in SAP. Then do the appropriate partner determination, that is assignment to the sales document and item partner determination procedure. Next step is to create master data for the commission agent as Vendor, assign these masters you created to the sales order at item level.

We can see the orders Commision agent wise in VA05 provided we add the commission agent partner function in the index list under sales and distribution, sales, lists, set updating of partner index.

In the pricing procedure, we need to maintain a condition for Commision agent commissions and choose whether you want to enter the commissions percentage manually or prefer automatic determination. Here we need to get an input from the client as to whether they have fixed or variable commission percentages.

Create an accrual account key for this and assign it to the condition type in the pricing procedure and remember that the condition type in the procedure should be statistical and not relevant for printing.

Next step is to make the settlements after the Invoices have been posted and the relevant commissions accrued to a G/L Account.

Now settlements could be manual as well as automatic. If you choose to make automatic settlements, there needs to be a ZREPORT which makes a vendor payment posting or if the settlement is manual, you need to might be run a BDC periodically to post the invoices for the so called Vendors (Commission agents)

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You define commisson agent as partner function. Also, define a separate conditon type as commision.Creare a PP including this conditon type where you can calculate commision based on net value of invoice.

You can create a zreport to give commison on monthly basis.

Reward if useful.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pramod,

Thanks for your reply . But I have some idea for it . I make my commercial Invoice without any commission amount . Then I create a credit memo request with reference to this commercial invoice . In my credit memo request if I change the Sold to Party and Ship to Party from the original customer(commercial invoice customer) to the commission agent, system works fine and creates a credit memo request and finally credit memo . Document flow is also updated . Now, is this process correct. What will be the accounting entries . Kindly suggest .

Thanks

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Waiting for your response

Thanks

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I need your suggestion . Kindly help .

Thanks

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main purpose of the credit memo is customer compensation.

If u raise credit memo that is totally entire different scenario credit memo is raised wen the customer returned the goods or customer received damaged goods

in accounting view also it is not possible to map if u raise credit memo

so include a condition type in PP and assign the commission agent in partner functions and try

so accounting entry will hit for that commission agent as u will assign some account key for that condition type

another reason will be what will u do if the customer returns the goods and wants back money on damaged goods

so better follow the above process

thanks and regards

Rahul