cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between monthly, weekly dataviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i ran a macro in Monthly Dataview, to copy the data from KF1 to KF2. It copied very correctly. The numbers match exactly. Then when i look at the same data in weekly dataview, i see there is small variation in the quantities.

How this could happen ? Anyone observed this change in qtys ?

Pls advice..

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

My all KFs are P type time based disaggregates. So when i run the macro in month level, why it should show differently in week level ? I observed something strange. When i copied the KF1 to some dummy KF, then i see they are aligned correctly with KF2. (all this, i am doing in str bkt view, which is weeks; in monthly dataview). Dont understand the logic why it shows like this.

thx

venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you zero out the key figure you are disaggregating and repopulate it just to be sure that it is behaving differently than others ? This is to make sure that the key figure was not pre-populated with some values which could have distorted results.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

macro works at a bucket level. this bucket can be a monthly, weekly or daily level. Macro thus is agnostic to the granularity. If you execute a macro at monthly level, data would get into weekly level based on existing proportions. so check out the time-based disaggregation logic of your key figure from month to week