cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run the job for VL10A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one tell me how to schedule the job for VL10A transaction .How to create the variant for whole transaction.Please advice me.Sure of reward points.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

For planning the delivery creation in background processing you must

• activate a user role for immediate creation of deliveries (in the standard system, the immediate delivery creation is deactivated for all user roles for reasons of safety),

• create a selection variant for one of Transactions VL10*.

Activation of the user role for background processing

The user role controls the entire processing of the delivery list. Within Transactions VL10*, you can display and maintain the user role on the "User role" tab page. You can carry out the maintenance also via Transaction VL10CUA. Note 301578 describes how to make a user role ready for input.

An F-code profile is linked to the user role. The F-code profile controls the internal process of the transaction. Two F-code profiles are provided in the standard system:

• 0001 Display delivery list

• 5001 Supply delivery list

In the user role you want to use for background processing, you have to replace F-code profile (not "AllowedDialogFCodes") 0001 with profile 5001:

1. Call Transaction VL10CUA for maintenance of the user roles.

2. You might want to copy one of standard user roles 5001 to 5103 that is planned for processing in the background to a separate role in the customer namespace, for example, 9001 or Z***.

3. Branch to the detail view of the user role and change the entry for the F-code profile from "Display delivery list" to "Supply delivery list".

Creation of the selection variant

1. Call the desired Transaction VL10* and branch to the "User role" tab page. Do not use Transaction SE38 or VL10BATCH for variant maintenance of VL10*.

2. Here, enter the user role that you have maintained for background processing.

Caution! If you use a user role with an F-code profile for the immediate creation of deliveries, you receive no dialog with a shipping due list but the deliveries are created immediately at the start of the selection!

3. Enter the remaining selection criteria on the various other tab pages.

4. Select function "Goto -> Variants -> Save as variant..." and save the selection criteria entered as a variant. You might classify the variant as "Only for background processing", in order to avoid a start of the delivery creation in the dialog by mistake.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just now saw this whole thing in market place by searching all the note.Any ways thanks for your.

I have awarded 10 points to you.Lets Keep helping others,so that no body will face the problems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set your select-options parameters and goto menu Program-Execute in Background (F9)

do not forget to set your output device

to check your job run SM37

to create vaiant just set your select-options parameters and save you variant before running (Goto-Variants-Save as variant(Cntrl+S))

if you need extra like to define list layout in config - run tranz VOL1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waraick,

Thanks a lot for suggestion.I have already created the variant in the selection screen.

But here what happens is after we provide the selection parameters,we will hit execute icon then pressing the back ground button, for this whole transaction I want schedule the job.

If I save the variant in the selection screen and schedule the job I guss it will not perform the entire transaction because the there 2 more steps to be performed like Execute and clicking on back ground button.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance