cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Manager User Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many times can a user logon to a repository through the data manager GUI client? I was able to log on 10 times using the same user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

This problem may be solved by integrating MDM with LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).

Regarding restricting and limiting users:

MDM users do not run under LDAP in the initial release of this functionality. The SAP people will review the value of putting MDM access under LDAP control at some future time.

But don't know whether new patch has been released supporting LDAP which limits the number of user logon.

Regards Tejas...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephen,

Yes MDM allows only 10 times.

I am using SP06 latest version, in which i am able to login 9 times successfully in Data Manager with Admin user but on 10 turn, it will give a pop-up some times with "Send error report or dont send option" and some times does not do anything just take the credentials and skip the login part.

I think it can be an enhancement as Tim mention earlier.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aalok,

I am also facing with the same problem

If at a time many users can login with the same user id then there may be unnecessary load on the server.

@Aalok as u mentioned u can only login 9 times with the same user and it does not allow 10th time

Its not so because I am to login more than 15 times why is it so ??

How dis problem could be solved ??

As mentioned by Tim what are further enhancements.

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Not Sure but this functionality may depend upon Memory of System, OS and Processor, etc on which MDM Sever is running.

I am using 1GB RAM and Pentium-4 32-Bit processor.

And if we talk about enhancements then may be "its possible using APIs" or say we can restrict no of users with same Id.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan,

I'm not aware of any limits set on user logons. There are times when a system user may need to be set up that needs to have the ability of multiple logons. This may be something that needs to be added as an enhancement request if you have a business need to limit the number of simultaneous logons for a single user.

Regards,

Tim