cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Layout for WBS Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one have any idea how to set up the planning layout for WBS ELEMENTS & COST CENTER?

We are trying to plan for WBS elements and Cost center through CJR2 but I don't have any layout designed for this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if you can have a single layout for planning both at Cost Centre and WBS level.

But you can create your own layout by copying the standard planning layout under a different name and then change the copy (T code OPO1)

We in our project created a layout with WBS Element (PSPGR) and Cost Element (KAGRU) as Characteristic Values with lead column structure 'Characteristic value and name'.

You then create/assign a Planner Profile>Planning Area>Planning layout using T Code KP34.

Call/change your planner profile (T code KP04) to above before doing the cost planning in CJR2.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I have done that already and my question is the system doesn't allow the combination of WBS and Cost center, Cost element planning. It needs to Activity type also . ALl I want is to plan for WBS, Cost center and Cost element planning. Were you able to do this? If so, how?

I would really appreciate if you can help me to set up this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find it difficult to understand your scenario.

Do you have the WBS as statistical and cost centre as real? One statistical WBS can be associated with only one cost centre and If you've plans on WBS then I think the values are also updated at cost centre.

I didn't come across a scenario you've explained.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Venkatesh

When u r referring activity type - is it the activity type referred in CAT2 or the Activity type (Internal/external/costs/services)?

Could u pl.eloborate on the scenario?

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok- I will explain you. We use WBS as Statistical element and do not assign any Cost centers to WBS elements. Now we need to plan for WBS element. That is why I am asking whether there is any layout or how do you create a layout with Cost centers/ WBS elements and Cost elements. I was able to copy the layout under 1-704 ,create with WBS and Cost elements and sender cost center but Activty type becomes required and it looks only for Secondary cost elements.

I tried playing around the Variable definition by making that Activty type as optional but it did not work.

Do you have any ideas how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Venky