cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default storage category when using CV01N to check in document?

Former Member

In DMS, when I am checking in documents for a certain document type, I would like the storage category to default to a specific value, rather then having to pick the value from a list.

Can anyone advise me how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

See SAP Note 664102.

When you are storing files (To check in), the system displays a dialog box

by default to select the storage category. You can determine the storage

category via the DMS profile in Customizing or you can restrict the list

via the BAdI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01->BEFORE_LIST_STORAGECAT, however, then

without reference to the document data.

With this correction it is also possible to set the storage category in

dependency of the document data in the BAdI CDESK_BADI_MAIN->ON_FUNCTION

(with function code fcode='CHECKIN' and event time='PRE').

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you detail the steps necessary to determine the storage category via the DMS profile in Customizing ?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

in transaction spro go to Cross-Application Components --> Document Management --> General Data --> Define Profile. Here you can create a profile, which can be assigned either to a user or to a role. Under "Determine definitions for applications" you can define a storage-category to a workstation-application.

regards Iring

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined a profile, assigned the profile to my user id, and set the storage cat. to my default value in "determine definitions for applications". However, when I go to CV01N, and try to check in a new document, I am still getting the drop down list instead of my default value. Am I missing a step??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set it up for the actual applications types you are using? (you can have different storage locations for different application types)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I was missing!! Thanks very much!!

Answers (0)