cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Performance" problems with the File adapter on Plain J2SE Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the moment I'm on a customer side to solve some XI issues for a few days. One of the issues is the performance of the Plain J2SE Adapter Engine, using the file adapter to transfer XML messages(already XI message format) from the legacy system to the Integration Engine. The File adapter has to deal with "large" XML messages(max at the moment is 65 Mb) and the engine fails with the following error when transferring the big XML file: "ERROR: Finished sending to Integration Engine with error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". Skip confirmation and quit this loop".

As far I got the information from the customer the memory use of the Plain adapter engine is set to 512Mb. This is maybe to low. But I don't know where to look for this, I only have the adapter web interface in front of me, no access to the OS it self via for example remote connection.

On the Integration Engine I know there is the ability to split large message with the file adapter(File Content Conversion), but I don't know this for the Plain Adapter Engine. Is there a possibility to do this also on the Plain Adapter Engine?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Greetings,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

The way file adapter works is that it loads the entire file in memory and as a result, when it comes to huge files it fails. But one solution you can look at is, maybe write a Java code, which breaks the input file into smaller chunks and then try loading the smaller chunks into XI. This way you can avoid that OutOfMemoryError.

Also you can use the "Recordsets per Message" feature in file content conversion, using this you can create more than one message into XI from a single file. Check the following link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your answers.

On the first solution, yes that is possible, we first decided to see if the legacy system can do the splitting, before starting developing a Java program.

On the second solution, as far as I know is this solution possible on the Integration Engine. But we are facing the problems on the Plain J2SE Adapter Engine. I went trough that documentation(link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/246b3de666930fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm ), to look for I similiar solution in the Plain Adapter Engine. So my question is, is this possible with the Plain Adapter? And if so, what kind of parameters I need to use to achieve this.

Regards,

Patrick

Answers (0)