cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Services available in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m trying to use an external webservice in VC but i always get no results. I have already set up the uddi and the classification stuff and registered the service in Service Regirtry but it seems that I just cant get any access to the service from the search tab in VC. Anybody any clue what might be wrong?

greetz milad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thank you very much for your instructions, I have been able to access to the external web service through the indications you included.

However, the issue still there when I try to search using the "Service Registry" option of the Visual Composer, it is still not appearing any results despite I am able to comsume those services with the WSNavigator.

We have inquiry SAP Support through a customer Message. For everyoine benefit, we have published the content of the message. We were using the CE 7.1 SP3 Trial version.

This scenario is not supported in SP03 and EhP1. You cannot use in VC

services published by "Publish WSDL" functionality from SR. VC relys

on some internal additional meta-data for services which are available

only if they are published via ABAP SOA Manager or via Java Publication

Restrictions. "Publish WSDL" is publishing according WSDL Best Practice

Technical Note only without any other stuff.

This one will be added as official limitation for these releases.

I do not know if anyone of you have or know a workaround or knows if this issue will be fixed on futher releases.

Kind regards

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gonzalo-

Are you able to connect to your local SR from VC? Can you check your logs when you click on the search button?

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

I wanted to ask whether you have found a solution to this problem. I experience the same problem. I have services published to the service registry, but I can not call them from VC. I get the message "no services found". I can see the web services from CAF and GP though, but in GP I can't use them due to some exception.

Can you notify me if you have a solution. It would be of great help.

I also tried publishing the web services through the ws restrictions, but they dont get published.

I have adjusted the UDDI_DESTINATION and CLASSIFICATION_DESTINATION properties according to the help page for the localhost system. I also use a Local_Service_Registry destination of type service registry as I thought I need it in oder to use the service registry, but it does not work. Maybe I miss some configuration step!!!

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Vera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

The solution was to setup the new ws on the Destination Management as new destination.

Gonzalo

SureshR
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

After multiple trials and errors, I was indeed able to publish a non-ABAP web service to the service registry, browse it from the service registry (with the correct data in the Data tab) and consume it from WebDynpro, CAF and VC (yes!). These are just some of the many gaffes to watch for:

1.Make sure the Service Registry destination definitions has the correct system name defined. It should be picked from the SLD system name (under http://host:port/sld) definition (I think it CE1 by default).

2.Make sure you have the user authentication for destinations defined.

3.Do not use the publish feature in the Service Registry. It does not publish the necessary metadata for VC or other applications to use. Always go by the Publication Restrictions function in the NetWeaver Administrator.

4.Check the ServiceRegistrySi port setting, the port is automatically set to 50100. Change the setting to reflect your java node port. More details at [|]

If going thru service registry is not a priority, define a destination and use the web service directly through it. It is easier and faster.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am experiencing exactly the same behaviour with the external services or with other web services located on my client's intranet. I have published a group of web services but I am not able to see them on the Visual Composer

I have published them using the Services Registry UI option called the external WSDL.

I am able to execute them through the WS Navigator, but I am not able to find any service definition from the NWA > SOA Management > Web Services Management option.

I have defined a Template Destination setting to the host which located the web service. Any ideas?

Which are the places where you suggest to start looking for the error or for a missing or wrong configuration parameter.

Kind regards

Gonzalo Pérez-Prim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

Please see the attached document I have created that explains how to define a web-service destination in the NWA.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

This attached Word-Document is plain empty ...

Please upload PDF instead !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have the means to convert the document to PDF.

I attached a ZIP file containing an RTF version of the document. I hope this works better.

Please let me know if it worked.

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

the service I m trying to use is

http://soap.amazon.com/schemas2/AmazonWebServices.wsdl

so its a WSDL.

I registered it using the publish procedure in the service registry and it says upload succesfully.

What is wierd to me is when I click on the service and view the details below the stuff in the general and endpoints tab are fine but the attributes in the system details tab are all saying "No data is available" maybe here is the problem. but I dont know how to fix this either.

I didnt define the service in the nwa. what exactly do I have to do there?? its also not listed in the web service navigator.

The proxy settings are also correct.

regards milad

padmashree_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also check if the proxy settings on the NWA are defined appropriately.

Kind Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milad

The symptom you are describing can be caused by various reasons.

Can you add some information about the service you are trying to use and the way you configured it?

Is it a WSDL or a WSIL you are using?

How did you define the service on the NWA?

Were you able to access it using the Web Service Navigator?

Regards,

Shai