cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change a RFC destination for SyncBO ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm Unable to change a RFC destination for a pricing extractor SyncBO ID, through the transaction MEREP_PD

- Need to change the destination for SPE_ACCESS.

Also tried from the steps provided in,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/85/ef1db00591674691f01edc57606d35/frameset.htm

Can anyone help me out with this.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you let me know if the changes are getting saved or not or if the transaction is getting executed at all. You could also make changes to the entries in the table MEREP_401. Here view the contents and edit the field RFCDEST to your choice. These entries will reflect in the transaction MEREP_PD.

But if the old RFC was the default destination then you will have to remove that from the Profile Dialog before making any changes either from the transaction itself or with the DB table directly.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preetham,

My name is Greetson . I am working with Arun on the same project from Atlanta, Georgia. How we can change/edit the entry in table MEREP_401???? It's not allowing to edit in Se11 as well as in SM30(The maintenance dialog for MEREP_401 is incomplete or not defined). Ia m not sure how we can edit the Table entries directly???

Thanks for you help in advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot change the RFC destinations individually from MEREP_PD. During import of text file using MEREP_MIG, you need to specify the RFC destination.

In order to change in MEREP_401 table you need the following steps.

Goto SE11...enter the table name merep_401...view the entry for the particular synbo u want to change....the list is displayed horizontally...double click on the entry...now u can see the entry vertically....now in the transaction window enter the value '/h' and hit the enter key...and again hit the enter key....then a debugger will open....here search for the variable code...and edit the contents to 'EDIT'..then hit function key F8....then the debugger will close and the entry is now editable...now goto field RFCDEST and make ur changes and save it....now u can goto MEREP_PD...and see that the RFC has been changed....

Ensure the FMs exist in the destination you have changed....

Its a dirty short cut to achieve ur functionality....it will work

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preetham,

Thanks for your response. Appriciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

well, the document describes pretty much what I would do in that case. Do you have defined a default RFC connection? If this is the case, you need to delete it - this causes trouble if you define a specific connection per BO.

What is the exact problem? Is the change not saved or is the change not possible at all? Well, what SP are you on?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Hope you remember me. I am Greetson . We already chatted more that twice regarding the Mobile client for MTR & MTS.

I am working with Arun on the DSD project. Situation is we need to change the default RFC destination that was given by SAP as we had created another RFC destination for our project .

We are running in SP13 ECC 6.0 system.

In the transaction "MEREP_PD" we are not able to change the RFC destination for following SYNCBO ID's :

○ SPE_ACCESS

○ SPE_ACCSEQ

○ SPE_CNDTYP

○ SPE_ATTRBT

○ SPE_CNDTBL

○ SPE_PRISTP

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greetson,

yes, I remember you - nice to hear from you again.

Well, the easiest way, I think - is to change the name of the RFC in the file you import. Import the file again after that and the actual settings are overwritten. This will work for sure!

And the absolute easiest way: create a new RFC connection. Takes less then 5min.

Hope this helps - if the problem was not safed by the last reply.

Regards and a nice day,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The previous reply by oliver is the only straight and correct solution to chnange the RFC destination.

But if you want import the new definitions ensure that only the SyncBOs that needs its RFC change be imported, else it will be tedious if you import all the SyncBOs again and you will have to regenerate the SyncBOs and run the replicators to enable them. This will take more time if the data volume is huge.

MEREP_401 is the only table where the RFC names are stored and it will be quick way to solve the problem and I have also done the same thing whenever I wanted to point to different backends. But ensure that the default destination is not maintained else it will always take priority. After changing the RFC destination, do the BAPI interface check to ensure the import and export parameters are intact.

Thanks..

Preetham S