cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebSEAL SSO to Portal, SAP Logon ticket not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am trying to set up SSO from the desktop to the portal through IBM WebSEAL using the document from this link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad84a55a-0601-0010-749b-854...

I've followed all the steps for setting up SSO to EP except I haven't added the client certificate yet as I want to wait with that until I have it working without the certificate.

After setting it up the SSO to the portal works fine, so I enter the portal without having to enter any username or password, but the SSO to my back-end system R/3 and BW doesn't work anymore.

The SSO to R/3 and BW works fine, when I access the portal directly by entering username and password.

I've made a litle snoop servlet that shows me all the cookies in the request, and the difference between the cookies when I access directly and when I access through WebSEAL is that I have a cookie called DSMKeepAliveStamp and a cookie called SAPPORTALSDB0 in the request where I access the portal directly which I don't have when accessing through WebSEAL.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

Jacob Vennervald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

what kind of iViews are you using? Those which are Java iViews with a backend integration through RFC or those which are variants of the URL iView (e.g. the SAP application integrator)? In the latter case please note that if the iView renders a different URL (e.g. the one of the BW system) this URL also has to be configured on WebSeal.

I recommend to use a tool like HTTP Watch of SimTech Ltd. or the SAP HTTP-Plugin (see SAP Note 834568) to perform a client-side trace of the URLs called.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have no problems with any of my java based iViews.

I only have problems with the URL-based iViews as you say, so I probably have to add those URLs to WebSEAL.

I'm not the one who does that, so could you describe how these URLs should be configured in WebSEAL?

Cheers,

Jacob