cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Attachment via Email into PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a shipping partner that says they can only email me a large Excel file for the requested delivery information (for R3 update). I want to have the entire process automated.

I have seen a couple threads concerning using Conversion Agent or a writing a java module in order to parse an Excel document. But from what I have seen in blog 1967, doing it with Java for a large Excel file seems like it would be a large pain.

Any suggestions or recommendations (Java module versus Conversion Agent or other)?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith !

It depends on the complexity of the excel file itself, and also on the availability of the conversion agent tool and the knowledge in java development. Using Conversion Agent you will need almost none development (depending on the sheet).

Also another idea could be, that if the sender uses Excel, the also can export the file as CSV or XML, allowing you to read it from a standard adapter into XI.

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

I don't think this is possible in standard functionality. Of course, as Matias suggested, it would be much easier if the file would be CSV type. But the problem is, how to process an attachment. I think, you can only work with e-mail body and not attachments...

So you should have developed a custom adapter module to precess it.

Peter