cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI / PI general concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am trying to evaluate possibilities how to exchange data between a xApp developed in the composition environment of netweaver and a LOB application.

I understand that i need an adapter for the LOB, how do i know how to connect the XI (PI) with my xApp? I've read that W-AS >= 6.4 is able to understand the XI protocol therefore not needing an (SAP) adpater for Idocs etc.

So my question is how can i connect my Xapp to the XI? In this case, i'm not interested in technical details like how i should configure the SLD or Integration Repository etc... but what technology i use to connect to the XI (WS,SOAP, RFC, IDoc) and what input type the interface expects.

Thanks a lot...

KR

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check this out:

/people/samir.kumar2/blog/2008/01/24/netweaver-composite-and-pi--unleash-the-combo-power

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris !

AFAIK you need to create a SOAP->XI->XXXX scenario to have the functionality of the XXXX system exposed as webservice and then consume that service from the xApp that will be available in the enterprise services repository.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks...

I've read that i can connect an ABAP Proxy -> XI->ABAP Proxy via XI Protocol.

Another possibility is to connect an ABAP Proxy via SOAP to the WebService runtime.

The 3rd possibility is to send a SOAP request message to the XI which then forwards it to a receiver (WS that don't have to be a proxy)

However, this method only works with sync. messsages.

Is it that what you meant? Using the Integration Server to consume an external WS whereas the Client (requester) uses an ABAP Proxy?

Can the WS i try to consume be external?

Thanks..

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris !!

No, what I meant, was to expose SAP functionality as a web service to be consumed by another application.

By the other way, you can make the opposite scenario, that is, a SAP function module that thru XI executes an external webservice .

Regards,

Matias.