cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle count by quant with serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a scenario in which I have a mixed storage bin and there are multiple quants in the bin and each have a separate serial number. Now we have to carry out a cycle count based on the quant. I would like to know how to carry out the cycle count and also the procedure to carry out the cycle count. Pl. post the procedure and links related to it.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cycle count is basically conducted either by Storage Type or Material.

If you are not maintaining a mixed bin strategy, you need to conduct on storage type.

Depending the no. of cyles in the whole year and based on Fast moving or Slow moving nature of the materials, system will decide the date.

Hope it is helpful.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please correct me if I'm wrong. to perform cycle-count by quant , will be LICC but for serial number, it will not work.

The right solution should be to develop customised program that enable to perfom cycle-count by quant for serial numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which version, you are into.

One more thing, Serial No. are managed at IM level not at WM level.

Thanks

Aktar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cycle count is based on the material. it is decided at the storage type level.

you can mention the frequency of counting by defining the class of the material.

then do the physical inventory thro'

LI01N

LI11N

LI20

LI21.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone of you knows , how to mass update the field know as "Last count date" to current cycle count date. This field can be found in SE16 > MARD table.

Need advice.

Thanks.