cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Server - Workflow related value exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Import Server is importing multiple records, one record per file. The inbound port is configured with a file threshold of 5, 50000 chunks and 5 parallel chunks.

We are using a workflow on import to assign values to 2 different fields. In the start step of the workflow the records do not get checked out.

When importing 1000+ records it works great, but a couple of times it runs into value exceptions.

In the log files I can find the following error:

Import failed. Cannot import record with workflow because the record is already checked out

Import action: Update (All Mapped Fields)

Source record no: 16

All MDM components have version 5.5.42.92.

I saw a similar issue in a different thread. Is this fixed in 5.5.42.98?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

As you have mentioned your error, It seems like the record no 16 is checked out.just check in your datamanager for this record once whether it is checked out or check in.

Because as mentioned as Import action: Update (All Mapped Fields)

record shoul be check in in the data manager.

otherwise use the latest build version as"5.5.42.98".

It would be great if you can use the latest Service pack version MDM5.5 SP06 patch 1.So many functionalilties has been improved in this.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

The record is not checked out in Data Manager at the time the error occurs.

Nobody is checking out records prior and during the whole test run.

5.5.42.98 - I tried this out and get the same errors.

In our project we are still on 5.5.42.92 and won't upgrade until we know that another version is doing better.

There are some functionalities in MDM5.5 SP06 patch 1 that are not working well, for example try out the qualified update (update (new links create, existing links update (all mapped fields), that you can set on field level and you will get some unexpected results. We won't go for SP06 until we are really sure that all issues we experience are fixed.

What else could be the cause for this error?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ingo