cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between to forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a model in the VC, this model has 2 forms.

one form with drop down button and the other form is with push button.

i need that each time that i click on the push button the value in the drop down button will cahnge.

How can i connect between these 2 forms?

How can one form can effect on the other form?

Thanks,

Izit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure on what is the source of DropDown (DB,WebService, DataStore)

Connect the out port of form one to in port of the second form, not sure if it can trigger the action to second form .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already Connect the out port of form one to in port of the second form, but it is not trigger the second form.

Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Izit

You need to give us more details. Form #1 with the push button needs to send a value to form #2, and I would guess that that value will not be the same every time the button is pressed, or???

What is needed anyway is for your drop down of form #2 to have a setting for an input field to the data service that is the same as what is sent from form #1.

Say you have a field in form #1 that is called @f1 that is submitted when pressing the button, then when you configure the drop down (dynamic list) in form #2 you set @f1 for the input field to the data service used for the list.

See my answer [in this thread|; where a dynamic list needed input from another list.

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henning,

Tahnks for yor quick response.

My problem is that i have 2 forms, at form 1 i have a push button that his goal is to cancel the filtering on the outpot that was made by form 2 that contain drop down.

Each time that the button is pressed there should be the same value in the drop down.

The values of the drop down are taken from his properties, it is a list with 4 values.

My problem is how can i effect from number 1 form to form number 2 in order to effect on the drop down value.

I tried to connect between the two forms and tried to store a value in the data store and to use it in the drop down property.

Unfortunately, none of the above options did not succeed.

Thanks,

Izit

Answers (0)