SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Photo display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded the photo succesfully using business object PDOTYPE_ST AND document type PIQCOLFOTO .

But the image could not be displayed in the Student Master Data . Whereas its working fine for HR [ PA30 transaction ] .

Note :

When the photo is not displayed in pa30 tcode , i adjusted the infotype header definition and it worked well.

Is there any option there for SLCM to get the photo display.

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Edited by: Gajalakshmi Kannappan on Feb 7, 2008 3:06 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you applied OSS Note 998123? It contains a correction related to the Student Photo display for SLCM 6.0.

Michael

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you applied OSS Note 998123? It contains a correction related to the Student Photo display for SLCM 6.0.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael .

After applying notes , it worked on well.

@Ashish :

There is no problem in uploading photos . The photo is not visible after the successful upload . Thanks for the reply .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Is there option to increase the size of the image ?

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

How big do you want it to be?

Actually, if it seems particularly small to you, it might have something to do with the resolution and/or DPI which you used when you uploaded it. I also seem to recall that you can just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The max is apprx (1.5 * 2 cm) . I want to have a just a 0.5 cm increase . Just want to know if there is any option to enlarge it ?

When I double click , I can still view it ...

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshmi,

We had faced the same problem earlier. We solved it using a workaround - of storing the photos in the database instead of the content server. You can try this as well:

Go to IMG --> SAP Netweaver --> Application server --> Basic services --> Archivelink --> Basic customizing --> Edit links

Check that the link between document type (PIQCOLFOTO) is there to SAP Business documents and the correct form of repository.

This will show you "Link Information for Optical Archive" twice. Click the 1st entry.

When the View Links for content repositories: Overview opens, scroll to object type PDOTYPE_ST . This will have a content repository id as "MA" (Or some other value. Make a note of this value).

Then in the same IMG path mentioned above, in Basic Customizing, choose "Define content repositories."

Locate the entry "MA" (or other value obtained above) and choose the Storage Type as "SAP System Database"; protocol as SAPMA; and a Contents table as ZRMCONT02 (Note: You will need to copy this table from a ZRMCONT* table that has a photo attribute. Just make a copy of this table and call it ZRMCONT02 or something.) Give this table name in the 'contents table' field.

Save and exit. Now when you upload the photo it should be visible in the Student file option.

This is a way (though not the best way) of achieving the objective since it stores the photos in the database. Therefore, for a large number of students, it may slow down performance. A better way is to use the SAP http content server for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Ashish