cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM strange behavior!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I’m struggling with a strange problem at my BPM - it starts with two receivers in a fork (both trigger the process) and after that, I’ve a switch step with 3 branches, two of them have a simple mappings 1x1 and the third one is a multi mapping 2x2. For the 1x1 mappings the things work perfectly, but when the rule for the multi mapping branch is fulfilled an error occurs at the transformation step.

I’ve checked the container of this step (BPE moni) and it seams that only one message has been instantiated! This is a 2x2 multi mapping, so to make it works two messages instances must arrive this transformation step and not just only one... I don’t understand why it doesn’t happening

Anyone has faced an issue like this one?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I found the problem; it was a mapping error inside my UDF. Some how I was checking the wrong container and I thought that only one message was arriving the switch step, I thought wrong

Thank you all.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As input of your multimapping do you have a multiline message filled before your transformation?

Best regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

Thanks for your answer, but do I really need multiline message? My transformation step only receives 2 message instances and not multiple.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I'm conserned that's a must. In your case input and output.

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

Sorry, but I still don't understand! I've other BPM with the same mapping 2x2 (w/o switch step) and it works well, w/o multiline option. This transformation is multi-mapping that receives two different messages and create two other different messages as well.

The difference here is only the switch step!

Regards,

Ricardo.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Did u got the two messages inside the BPM? Can u check whether the condition of FORK -Do u gave no.of necessary branches as 1?

By the way u don't need multiline for it...

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your answer.

In my fork I have 2 necessary branches for two senders (the transformation step is out of the fork... and yes I got the two messages inside the BPM.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Edited by: Ricardo Quintino on Feb 7, 2008 3:00 PM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

I'm sure u might have done everything.But let me confirm the below things.

- In Message mapping u added two messages in the source and one messages in the target.

- In Interface mapping u added two interfaces in the source and one interface in the target.

Now we will give a try. Copy the Transformation [2x2 Mapping in 3rd branch] and keep next to Fork branch. Let the transformation be in two places no issues, the reason i'm asking u to do this is coz we need to check the visibility of messages. I want to know whether u got the two messages inside the BPM. Run the scenario and let us know the feedback.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I’ve to go, I’ve to take a flight home, but Monday I’ll post my feedback here by the way, my multi-mapping is two sources and two targets (2x2).

Once again, thanks a lot and cheers,

Ricardo.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries. Enjoy the trip! We will sort it out on monday!

raj.