Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Ent. Services for Non SAP & SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need a clarification.

In our existed interface we are getting data from informix via ftp into r/3 using xi. simply to say its a one way data updation. Now our client wants some of the fields of r/3 data should be updated in informix also. So data exchange should be happen informix to r/3 also r/3 to informix and unix.

What's an alternate for this and even client is ready to use enterprise services. Currently xi 7.0 using. I think it needs to be upgraded to 7.1 to utilize the services.

Please provide me your inputs ...asap.

Regards

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just read an article about iWAY adapters. It seems that there is an adapter for informica as well. Check the link http://www.iwaysoftware.com/pdf/tech_brief/TechBrief_SAPNETweaver.pdf

Hope its useful

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Using XI 7.0 you can do the reverse also i.e 2 way data updation. When you can do Informix-XI--SAP , you can do

SAP-XI--Informix also same way..

I didn't understand the Complexity here , please give me some more info on your requirement.

- Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could I eliminate ftp's in between informix and r/3 using pi? If so is the data would get update lively in both ends?

If you have already done..please provide me ref links.. or scenarios..

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Why are trying to eliminate FTP.

If you are already using FTP, then you can use it for both, Sending as well as receiving data.

On the other end , you can use IDOC or RFC adapter to send/receive data to R/3 system.

There is no need to upgrade to PI 7.1 as well as use ESOA merely for this purpose.

Let me know if you are still having any doubts.

Regards,

Piyush