cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes in Cusomter master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guys,

The issue is - In Customer Master Records - Billing tab - Taxes, more than one country is getting determined automatically where we need only one. The additional element is not troubling the process, But why does it come and what to do to get rid of it?

Have checked all relevant config's related to that?

Note: I am a very regular visitior to this Forum. But this is my first question. Let me know, how to award points and where>>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kokkonda

Check in IMG Path Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Financial Accounting --> Edit, copy, Delete, Check Company Code --> Edit Company Code Data.

Here see whether your company code is assigned to its country. If not, assign it and retry.

Some one year back I had also come across similar situation and somehow I could be able to solve the problem but unfortunately, I could not remember now how I had solved. Will revert in case it struck my mind.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I checked with what you pointed out. I don't see any prob. there. Actaully, everything was wroking fine. Couple of weeks back a plant has been added to the C Code. Since then this started. The new plant settings and previous plant settings are respctively correct. From where what is pulling the new plant into the <taxes> <billing tab> <Sales Area Data> in Customer Master. And the new plant has tax condition - which is not letting us delete as it's greyed out.

Thanks..

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this t.code OX10. this is where we assign delivering plants for tax determination.

spro > img > SD > basic funtions > taxes > assigning delivering plants for tax determination.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

With all ur suggestions, i came to a conclusion that OX10 & OVK1 hold the answer..thanks to all..special thanks to Sadhu

Vish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sadhu

Once I saw this question, I had also searched img and gone into OX10 but was not sure about that.

Meanwhile I had doubt; can you please clarify;

When I am not giving Delivering Plant while creating customer master, how the tax will be determined for two countries in XD01/XD02.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhu,

Issue resolved.

Thanks.

Points awarded.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but when you remove the unwanted taxes against your country code at OVK1, make they are not used anywhere else in your business process, else you would loose altogether.

to award points, on your left you find radio buttons to select the required marks to be awarded based on the merit of resolving the query.

welcome to SDN.

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaaleswaran, Amlan & Sadhu,

Thanks for your instant replies. But, i have rechecked again.

1. Company code is tagged to several plants which are in different countries. All the plants have similar respective settings

2. Remaining settings are all fine

Now, when i create a Customer Master Record, when i go to the billing tab in Sales area data, i see two countries populating up instead of one. For the second unnecesary one if i enter '0' as tax rest of the process is going fine. But where from that second country is coming?? And i can't even delete it.

Guys... i have a learnt a lot through sdn though i wasn't posting anything..Today, i have just come to a stage of posting..looking forward for a day where i would posting answers for queries...And Sadhu..Thanx for the "WELCOME".

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In the Sales and distribution in the basic Function

Go to taxes -->Define Tax determination rules .

TC: OBVK1

There you have specified two countries for the tax condition UTXJ

Delete one .

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually this is because of the entries u have in the tr.code of OVK1.

Goto the ovk1 screen and select ur customer countrycode (Ex; like IN). for that please remove the unwanted entries.

Hope it resolves..

For giving points. u need to to the left side of the replies and click the categories like problem solved or very useful like that.

Reward points if useful;;

Regards

Kaleeswaran B