cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have UDFs in one interface, and i want to reuse the same UDFs in another interface. Can we achieve this functionality using mapping Templates? When we use mapping templates? How to configure mapping templates. Can anybody help me...

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Message Mappings can be saved as Mapping Templates.

Mapping Templates can be reused (or loaded) in other Message Mappings or Mapping Templates.

Features:

Mapping Templates can be defined for structure mappings of the following structures:

1..Data Types

2.Complex types in IDocs and RFCs

3. Complex types in External Definitions

4.The referenced types used in mapping templates can be located in

any software component versions.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8a57d190-0201-0010-9e87-d8f327e1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all...

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

In most of ur threads u have not rewarded people for the helpful answers please reward them as per the SDN rules and Requlations.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Manoj,

>

> In most of ur threads u have not rewarded people for the helpful answers please reward them as per the SDN rules and Requlations.

>

> Thnx

> Chirag

Then you should not answer to his threads. Just kidding.

@Manoj: Chirag is right, you should reward the points for helpful ans. I have observed the same as Chirag.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The UDF will belongs to Message Mapping only.you can not use the UDF in any other mapping program. PI 7.1 might have that option.You can not achieve this using Mapping Templates.

Mapping Template: Just like you can reuse data types in different message types, you can also save parts of message mappings as Mapping Templates and reuse them elsewhere. Once you have saved a mapping template it serves as a copy template that you can then load into other message mappings and modify to fit your requirements.

Pleaes let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

UDF can not be reuse across mapping.

Mapping template:

Just like you can reuse data types in different message types, you can also save parts of message mappings as Mapping Templates and reuse them elsewhere. Once you have saved a mapping template it serves as a copy template that you can then load into other message mappings and modify to fit your requirements.

The same applies to the mapping templates themselves: You can save parts of mapping templates as mapping templates and reuse them in mapping templates or message mappings. To simplify the documentation, the text below does not mention explicitly that the statements made for message mappings are equally valid for mapping templates. However, you can replace message mapping with mapping template anywhere in this section, and the respective statement is still valid.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/79/2835b7848c458bb42cf8de0bcc1ace/frameset.htm.

Thnx

Chirag