cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for specific business scenarios in Solar01/02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replay.

Your advice did in fact solve my problem.

I have another question.

I need to Assign Users different Authorization for specific business scenarios.

For example:

FI/CO process will be seen & edited only by people working in the finance dep'.

If you have an idea how I can do this I would appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noam,

the only way you can be able to do this within the same project is by assigning team members to the specific scenario/process/process step in Solar01 in the Administration tab AND in Solar_project_admin, in the Proj.Team member tab, make sure you check the "restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members".

Also, along with all of this, implement the authorization as per note 874539.

Let me know if this helps.

Salpi

P.S. Please reward points for any helpful answers or solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salpi,

his requirement wasn't just modify, he doesn't want unauthorized people to even view it. I don't think this is possible. And I would still like to hear the reasoning for the requirement. The only way to keep things separate like he wants is multiple projects.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will make the changes you talked about in the Administration tab & in Solar_project_admin, so as to prevent un authorized users from making changes to the process.

How ever, I am looking in addition for a way to prevent from un authorized users to view specific Doc's containing sensitive information for the HR or FI/CO modules.

Perhaps I will upload the Doc's on an external website & link them to the site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can. Separate projects for each module perhaps?!?

I would love to hear your business requirement for not being able to see all of the scenarios though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will make the changes you talked about in the Administration tab & in Solar_project_admin, so as to prevent un authorized users from making changes to the process.

How ever, I am looking in addition for a way to prevent from un authorized users to view specific Doc's containing sensitive information for the HR or FI/CO modules.

Perhaps I will upload the Doc's on an external website & link them to the site.