Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Change of Package Assignment in Data Dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

I'd like to do a mass package reassignment of objects in the data dictionary. These objects have all kind of types and belong to all kind of other packages. In SE80 I can manually change the package assignment by right clicking on the object.

I there any tool around (program, function module, etc. ) which allows me to do the package reassignment programatically? I'm looking for something which I can use in a report / batch input.

Thanks & Best regards

Wolfgang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got input by Martin Runte:

FM TR_TADIR_INTERFACE

does what I want

6 REPLIES 6

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be of some help. SE03 (or SE10, then click on Tools). Change object directory entries.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thanks for your answer but I'm looking for something I can use in a program. SE03 and SE10 are a bit too complicated to be used in batch input for my taste.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got input by Martin Runte:

FM TR_TADIR_INTERFACE

does what I want

0 Kudos

Hallo,

it's a long time since the original question, but since this has been posted so many times : how to mass change a package or original system in SE03 (SE03 / report RSWBO051/RSWBO052). The solution is to select the objects you want and enter MASS in the OK-code.

Regards

Jan

0 Kudos

God bless you Jan! I was pulling my hair out after changing about 30 of the 850 needed. Thank you, thank you. thank you. I wish I could award you points. Why isn't there a button or menu or something in online help I can find for this!!! Did I say thank you?

David

0 Kudos

It's really a hidden and helpful feature, so I hope you allow me to step in (he actually posted this in four similar threads and hasn't been seen since...).

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Mar 22, 2011 5:55 PM