Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization of Organizational elements at user level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Is there any way by which I can assign organisational elments like-plant,company code,etc. to user id instead of Role?

Thanks & regards,

Sachin Taware

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

There will always be an entity between the user and the authorizations. Technically speaking it is the profile and in SAP this will mostly be linked to the user via a role.

Why would you want to do it differently? Please share that with us as it may trigger an interesting discussion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salim/Sachin

As Jurjen said, there is not a standard way of doing this.

What I have seen in the past is a huge amount of customisation which would populate auth values into certain checks based on a lookup table. This solution took a few million $ to achieve and was very limited in scope.

Stick to the standard auth concept if possible!

0 Kudos

Alex

i agree i have been in similar discussions in the past, basically one could argue that the organisaional entities can eb derived from thr organisational plan (HR). That is why one can find structural authorisations in HR!

But even in HR we always have the poblem of people needing different organisational access and then it does not work as the user (company) wants it.

If we would transpose that to for instance MM then the exeptions to the rule are more common that the adherence to the rule.

So bottom line after long and hard discussions it was allways decided NOT to go that way and just stick to the standard roles (mostly derived in these situations and only use structural authorisations in standard SAP for HR). As trying to build it for other modules was such a big investment that management were sure they were waisting money!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does not realy help you much, but get/set parameter ID's are often used to determine org elements for selection screens. Those parameters are user specific and can typically be changed by the user as well. There have been a few discussions here already about not using user parameters for security access control purposes.

>

> 9920290697

Is that some sort of alternate reference numbering system for you to search for your threads?

Cheers,

Julius