cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP logging API in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio to use SAP logging APIs in XI? I don't think so but just need to confirm. I can probably import the jar in Integration Repository (if its not already there) to use it in writing any logic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have similar requirement now and one needs to use logging.jar to use SAP Logging API.

After compiling classes you can either import the logging.jar in XI namespace or place the jar at standard locations like ../lib where files would be searched by default.

Please see following link for more on SAP Logging API.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4a/c3953ff1353c17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I have developed a wrapper class so that I can call & control logging and tracing.

sachin kotalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see SAP note number 753294 if anyone runs into a similar issue. That resolved my issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would really appreciate some thoughts from the group on this issue? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have XI 3.0 installed which is patched up to SP14. I am trying to use the SAP logging API (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/c3953ff1353c17e10000000a114084/content.htm) classes in the mapping in the user defined functions within the Integ designer but these classes are not found at runtime. For example, Location.getLocation("<location>"); gives the class not found error. I have also importing com.sap.tc.logging.*; in the user defined function but that didn't help either. Do I need to make any classpath updates in the J2EE engine to have access to these SAP logging classes? What else could help resolve this issue? Thanks for everyone's help.

Message was edited by: Amjad-Ali Khoja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amjad,

You dont need to have NDS installed unless you create your own modules to provide additional functionality to the existing adapters. If its mere mapping (java or xsl) then you can directly import the files in the jar form in the imported archives option.The mapping API's already exist in the aii_mapping_api.jar file which comes along with the j2ee installation.

Regards

Priyanka

Message was edited by: Priyanka Balagangadharan