cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delta rendering in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have a simple problem regarding delta rendering. My application uses one main view, which itself contains two sub views. In the first sub view a large number

of small images (thumbnails) is displayed and the user can select one image, which is then displayed in the second sub view in a bigger size.

My problem now is, that an image selection (via a button) causes a complete rendering of the whole page, which has an awful layout effect and is also unnecessary, because of only the second sub view has been changed. I already use the parameter 'WDDELTARENDERING', which has no effect.

How can i prevent the rendering of the whole page?

Thanks,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

thanks for your quick reply. Does that mean the parameter 'WDDELTARENDERING' (

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/content.htm) is more or less useless? I would think so, if "every" action ends to a complete rendering of the whole page. Otherwise the SAP documentation says only the view that has been changed (in my point of view the associated context is changed) is newly rendered when WDDELTARENDERING is set to 'ON'.

Best regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten Knoblich,

Rendering of the page cannot be stopped, for every event the whole page will render. one thing you can do is you can manually write code to prevent evecuting codes inside the hook methods based on cetain conditions.

Regards

Sarath