Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IDs for printing -- Please clarify the Printing concept in slap and slip

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on slap and slip scenario . But,at present we don't have printer to test for printing .

I have done the configurations from the RFID Slap and slip configuration guide except Printer configurations . But , i have done Data profile and Element set settings using SAP_PRINT_PROFILE and assigned this to Number ranges of SGTIN and SSCC .

I am getting the error as No IDs for printing . May i know where exactly i have done mistake . I have done ID Settings in Customizing part also .

How to define printer or assign to Spool printer ? Can you please give some ideas ?

Thanks & Regards.

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be specific on when do you exactly get the No IDs for printing error. After which process you are getting this error?

Have you created RFC destiantions for Printer? If not you need to create one and map the device controller to the RFC for printing it.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_habermueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

as mentioned, desicribe exactly what you are doing e.g tag commissioning using mobile transaction or auto id cockpit and where the error is shown.

As always, have a look in slg1 to find the activity which throws the error.

You mentioned that you acutally do not have an RFID Printer. To simulate this create a device and a device group and assign them to a new device controller. For this device controller create a rfc destination which points to the ain_echo_test service.

In transaction sicf you can temporary switch on recording for this service.

With this you can can analyze the pml which is sent to the printer.

Best regards

Michael

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Habermüller ,

Thanks for Michal and Vivek for valuable replies. I am trying to do Tag commissioning via Auto-Id cock pit .

I have rectified that error .

I have done like what you have suggested , assiging RFC Destination and activating the services to view the PML Messages which sent .

Can you please answer the following

1. Just we post that PML in respective TCP/IP port or any other driver configuration we have to do ?

2. Can you please explain about the Spool Printing ?

If possible can you please explain in detail about the prinitng Concept .

Thanks & Regards.,

V.Rangarajan