cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File-XI-File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on File-XI-File scenario in which my source File is an Excel File. The structure of the file is as follows:

PRODH VTEXT LEVEL EXTRCT_DATE UPDAT_BY_USER

01 ABC 01 27-Dec-07 Y

01123 BCD 02 27-Dec-07 Y

Sender File Adapter is picking the file but its not getting received by the target File adapter. When I am checking in the Message Monitoring then its showing me the characters/words in some other format, like:

nishantja B ° a À = œ ¯ ¼ = xiL;† 8 X @ � " · Ú 1 Èÿ� n Arial1 Èÿ� n Arial1 Èÿ� n Arial1 Èÿ� n Arial "$"#,##0_);("$"#,##0) ! "$"#,##0_);[Red]("$"#,##0) " "$"#,##0.00_);("$"#,##0.00) ' ""$"#,##0.00_);[Red]("$"#,##0.00) 72_("$" #,##0_);_("$"* (#,##0);_("$"* "-"_);_(@_) .))_(* #,##0_);_(* (#,##0);_(* "-"_);_(@_) ?,:_("$"* #,##0.00_);_("$"* (#,##0.00);_("$"* "-"??_);_(@_) 6+1_(* #,##0.00_);_(* (#,##0.00);_(* "-"??_);_(@_) $¤ dddd, mmmm dd, yyyyà õÿ À à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à õÿ ôÀ à À à +õÿ øÀ à )õÿ øÀ à ,õÿ øÀ à *õÿ øÀ à

Please guide me on what is the error and how this can be resolved.

Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all:

copy all the content in a new notepad file with your own extension(.dat or of your wish)

check your file CC parameters:

Specify :

Document Name : Message Type

Doc Nam space : your name space

Recset struct : <struct_name>,*

Rec struct per messag: *

Maintain your table

<struct_name>.fieldNames:

ignoreRecordsetName : true

regards,

nikhil

*reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

This file will be sent to me by the customer on weekly basis on a FTP site. So, I will be picking the excel file from the FTP site and will be posting the contents of it to the RFC.

So, is it necessary to convert this excel file into someother file, can't we process the excel file directly.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

N.Jain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have converted the file into TXT file and then XI is picking that file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See your file extension in receiver communication channel.

Is it .DAT then remove it and use xml or use .TXT with content conversion.

BR,

Alok

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For XI, if any mapping(i.e. any Repository Objects ) are being used, the file supplied should be plain text. If the data file is in .dat extension, the file should be edited with any standard text editor like notepad.

regards,

nikhil

**reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

You can't read a excel file directly unless there is no transformation ( Scenario where in you lift the excel file from a certain location and dump it at another location)

If there is any mapping involved, you have to first convert it to XML in Sender Communication Channel using FCC (File Content Conversion).

For FCC, refer these threads

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

Regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using FCC in my sender adapterand the above said payload is the output given by the sender file adapter.

regards,

n.jain

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tell me sample content of your file. I think that is not a plain text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sample content of the excel file is like:

PRODH VTEXT LEVEL UPDATED_DATE

01 ABC 1 8-Feb-08

01001 BCD 2 8-Feb-08

Regards,

N.Jain

Edited by: nishu jain on Feb 7, 2008 9:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishu,

try to rename the file to txt and open it. Does it still have a simple content? If yes, then you have not correctly defined your sender CC.

But regarding to the message payload from your question - I'd assume, you're trying to send a real Excel file, which normally contains such characters.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yeah, I am trying to send the real Excel file and also when I am opening the file in notepad its showing special characters.

Regards,

N.jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, then there is no error. XI takes file, as it is. Now the question is, what file do you need in target. Do you want there again the same excel file? Or something else?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Actually my real time scenario is to send the file contents to RFC but when I am checking the payload of the sender File Adapter its showing me some other characters as mentioned above.

I want same contents as of the file in the payload.

Regards,

N.jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hohooo But then you cant use just this simple file adapter...

Well, as you already know, excel file is much more complex and contains a lot of characters, then just values, which you can see when the file is open in MS Excel. So if you want to use values from the file, you must parse them:

a, creating some custom adapter module and extract the values before processing

b, using conversion agent maybe

But you can't for sure just take the file as it is...

Or - you can first save the excel file as a comaa separated file and then you can use standard conversion routine.

Peter