cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI -ANSI x12 850 Purchase Order Processing in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Previously iam receiving a single PO in a single file. Here iam able to procee it and working fine.

But Now

Two EDI PO's are comming in a single file. all the segments ( Total Structure ) are repeating twice in a single file.

Even though 2 PO's are comming in asingle file , we are able to get the O/p XML file. In this file Only Header Info is repeating twice.Other Segment values are Populating only once in the O/p.(Source header & Target Header is having Unbounded Occurence)

How to handle it in Mapping.Do we need to do any Occurance change im Mapping ???

Regards

Bopanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you post purchase orders in SAP? Is it IDoc, RFC(BAPI) or PROXY?

If you use RFC (BAPI) then you can use "multimapping" (other words split on AE). Take a look at this blog:[Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

If you use IDoc you can try to implement this trick: [XI: IDOC bundling - the trick with the occurance change|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2762] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

If you use proxy then you just need to adjust your server proxy code.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that ue scenario is File to IDOC.

One file hase two POS init and u need to generate the separate IDOC for both the POS.

If this is ur scenario then u need to manaully change the Root occurance of IDOC to unbounded and use that IDOC strucutre in External definition.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

My Scenario is EDI ANSI x12 (FTP/VAN)-XI--XML(File)

Here i need to convert my EDI PO into just XML File.

When i am receiving the PO EDI file means in that file iam having the 2 Purchase Orders with 2 PO Numbers in a single file.

Here How can i Receive the PO EDI File which is having Multiple PO's in a single Incoming file so that I can generate the Corresponding XML PO File.....

Regards

Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understood is U r getting multiple POS in one file and u need to generate the individual XML file for each PO please correct me?

U need to split the file based on PO no which is received in the EDI file.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain me the procedure to do it .

Regards

Bopanna

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you can configure "multimapping" (split on FILE AE).

Take a look at this blog:[Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please correct me about ur requirement which I told u in my previous thread.

One more questoin for u. If there are multiple files splitted based on PO No then r u going to send it to different target?

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

what you told abt my requirement is correct.

I want to receive a file which is having multiple EDI PO's and process it in XI to convert it into XML . Finally i want to receive two XML files with respect to the PO's

Can you please let me know hoe to do this Requirement.

Regards

Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more questoin for u. If there are multiple files splitted

based on PO No then r u going to send it to different target?

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

>>One more questoin for u. If there are multiple files splitted

based on PO No then r u going to send it to different target?

No, Receiver is Only One Application , i.e FTP Server

Regards

Bopanna

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So split on AE will suit your requirements.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m not sure how this two files will be sent to same FTP server.

If file is splitted then i should send to two different target.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Or Else Can we send a single XML file with out spliting ???

So that we can have a single XML file in the target FTP Server which is having Multiple PO's ????

Regards

Bopanna

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this out: [Developing Multi-Mappings for Message Splits|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm] especially: Messages that result from the split in a mapping-based message split are sent using one Adapter Engine. For this reason, only those adapters that run on the Adapter Engine are supported.

Regards,

Jakub

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you wrote:

>

Finally i want to receive two XML files with respect to the PO's

Second time you wrote:

>

Or Else Can we send a single XML file with out spliting ??? So that we can have a single XML file in the target FTP Server which is having Multiple PO's ????

What is your requirement?

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Aim is to do what ever is Possible in XI with respect to my requirement.

If the First option is not Possible means we shld goto second option

Nothing more other than this

Can u please sugget me to achieve my requirement

Regards

Bopannna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I told u the options if u go with the file splitting then it will be sent to different targets.

For second case which u just told it will be a problem it will be simple mapping and EDI to File scenario with once receiver adapter with FTP server information.

If u got the answers then please close the thread.

Thnx

Chirag

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I told u the options if u go with the file splitting then it will be sent to different targets.

I do not agree. Ref my post above.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub,

We are not posting solutions for comparing who is right or wrong?

I have my opinion and suggestions which I have shared in the thread, now its based on individuals to take the best solutions which individuals provide through threads.

U have ur opinion and u have shared.

The link talks about one adapter engine not the one communication channel.

Thnx

Chirag

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not comment your suggestion neither opinion ...

I do comment the fact that files will go one target system. (not two)

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

That's not the question of opinion but what is possible and what's true. Split on adapter engine will always send to one system. Please read that blog. Communication channel is representation of adapter engine.

Best Regards,

Wojciech